THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Please look at my peep sight pictures!(better pics)

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please look at my peep sight pictures!(better pics)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hope to have better pics up by Sunday,these will do for now. Here is the H&H style cocking piece peep sight I"ve been working on when I have time(not often). One more piece to make,the cross shaft that attaches to the knob on side of sight. Didn't have the right die to thread it and ran out of time. I'll make a couple small changes on the next one but it turned out pretty good for my first try. Anybody here have one like this on a rifle? You just push in on the spring loaded knob and slide the sight up and down on it's dovetail correct? Are there small notches on the male dovetail that engage a small pin on the crosshaft? Anyway,I'm open to criticism or suggestions. Let me know what you think.

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Very nice, do you plan to market them?

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If, you wanted to make those, especially with the detente pin and notches, which I think would be a good idea, I would be very interested in buying some and I would bet that others would, as well.

I would expect to pay a premium price and would do so without complaint as I LOVE peep sights as auxiliaries on my hunting rifles. So, give it some thought.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beautiful workmanship, but if you want to get paid for an article in "Machinist Workshop" circulation 22,000, you will need to work on the photographs

My brother welded up a peep sight 30 years ago for 22 that is still ugly, still hard to sight in, but still works well.

Posts: 2249 | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote