THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    FRICK!!! Browning fell off my bench and broke half of trigger off!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FRICK!!! Browning fell off my bench and broke half of trigger off!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JBrown:

I doubt it will make a difference. The shape of the trigger should not affect his groups.

Yeah, but it breaking at the range is bound to F-up his concentration. dancing

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4861 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The question that I had about this thread was: Is that the same trigger they are now using on the new M-70's? The one they replaced the legendary M-70 trigger with?.................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRAMSAY10:
Well, because I really need (want) to go shooting this weekend I went ahead and "fixed" the trigger. I roughed up all sides of the trigger with a file then drilled a little hole in each piece to allow the devcon steel epoxy a hole to anchor in. I mixed up some devcon and put a liberal 1/16" coating around the entire trigger. Tomorrow I will file down the trigger a little to take off any rough edges and hopefully it will work for the time being.

Sounds like a "fricking trigger" to me!

Get a patent on it

rotflmo

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mark:
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
quote:
Originally posted by Hot Core:
It will make a great story for you later on in life. The old, "Well...., I remember way back when I was buying Browning rifles instead of the excellent Remingtons....SAKOSand indestructible Mausers

Best of luck with the "new" Trigger.

Fixed for gravity.

Sorry HC, couldn't resist... Big Grin

Touche' Mark!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I took it out today and funny thing is it shot better today than ever before. I might patent my trigger. I will call it the "16 penny BR trigger system." Smiler Gun is shooting great after the bedding debacle. As for the same trigger as the new 70, I don't know. I hope so. I might be able to find a "take-off" from someone's custom for cheap.

Posts: 328 | Location: Southwest Idaho | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I took it out today and funny thing is it shot better today than ever before. ....
Probably a Remington nail!!! clap

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mramsay, DJ is funning with Winchesters' decision to change a trigger that needed no changing--Browning triggers are very distinctively Browning, and I know of only one aftermarket which is produced by 'Rifle Basix'. I have been told that they only offer a replacement spring now, not a whole trigger, check them out if you are looking for a new part, or of course Brownells. Your trigger breaking is an example of why some folks dislike Browning, not that an all steel trigger would not have broken in your particular situation, it may have, but the cast--or as folks often call it 'pot metal' parts in a Browning frankly are cheap (inexpensive) and cheap (lesser quality)-- it is more likely that an all stell trigger could have bent as opposed to breaking, but a pot metal part will break often when struck....

Brownings having difficult to integrate platforms such as their tirggers is one reason they are seldom used by gunsmiths as a platform for an accuracy rig/custom. Rem's especially, and Wins to a MUCH greater degree than Brownings have been the platforms of choice for such a long long time, that EXCELLENT aftermarket stuff abounds for them, whereas it is mostly not even available for Brownings. Get a hold of a Rem or Win with a Jewell or Timney trigger and you'll see some of the benefit of having one of these great rifles......

Of course a great smith like Westpac can do a Browning trigger a lot of good!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I was talking to the wife today and she said I should just sell it and get a gun I will really like! Thinking I was either dreaming or had died, I looked at her and she said again, "just get the one you want." So, needless to say, that statement did more for our marriage than ... well, anything I can think of Smiler I think I will fix the trigger and sell the gun. That way I will have more $$$ to do what everyone on this board has been telling me to do for quite a while now.

Posts: 328 | Location: Southwest Idaho | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was talking to the wife today and she said I should just sell it and get a gun I will really like! Thinking I was either dreaming or had died, I looked at her and she said again, "just get the one you want." So, needless to say, that statement did more for our marriage than ... well, anything I can think of Smiler I think I will fix the trigger and sell the gun. That way I will have more $$$ to do what everyone on this board has been telling me to do for quite a while now.
check for an accuracy gaurantee you wont get that with the remington i got a new model 700sps in .308 best 100 yard groups off a solid rest was 1.5 inches traded it for a tikka shooting .50 groups same caliber and bullet weight also same rest . but i do still have a remington 700 30.06 that shoots 1 inch at 100 yards . sounds like a good woman mine is good at that stuff too dont make the mistake i did and get her into shooting they get the best of everything mine bought a sig saurer p239 sas with night sights and ct laser then 2 weeks later a springfield emp .40 nice guns by the way then a month later she got a tikka .243 then she got a browning goldhunter 12 guage. point is women are expensive but the quality time is fun .

Posts: 518 | Location: KENTUCKY | Registered: 05 November 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Wow Rick, she did spend some serious cash Smiler Mine loves to shop at thrift stores for fun, so I am VERY content to leave her to that Smiler I like the Sako A7 and Tikka, but I am really liking the custom ideas I got from a thread I put on here about a month ago. The guys had tons of great ideas on how to build a sweet custom for under 2k.

One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wow Rick, she did spend some serious cash Smiler Mine loves to shop at thrift stores for fun, so I am VERY content to leave her to that Smiler I like the Sako A7 and Tikka, but I am really liking the custom ideas I got from a thread I put on here about a month ago. The guys had tons of great ideas on how to build a sweet custom for under 2k.
i want a custom also and if i did a custom i think i would use a model 700 action are you planning to do the work yourself or have it done?

posted Hide Post
I have no gunsmithing tools or ability but would like to do the bedding and add a really nice recoil pad Smiler Seriouslly though, I will have most of the work done so it is done right the first time.

Have you read my "how-do-I...." threads? killpc

One of Us
Picture of rick boggs
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have no gunsmithing tools or ability but would like to do the bedding and add a really nice recoil pad Smiler Seriouslly though, I will have most of the work done so it is done right the first time.

Have you read my "how-do-I...." threads? killpc
understand that i would like to do the wood working part and try the rest but as with anything else it is cheaper to only pay the first time