Find
Notify
Tools

adjusting Rem 722 trigger
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted
Does anyone have stepwise instructions to adjusting a Remington 722 trigger? I picked up a 222 the other day and it has about a 9 lb trigger pull. Eeker

Thanks!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AC....Try this. I think the 700 and the 722 are the same........ http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/crisp.html Grant.

Posts: 336 | Location: SE Minnesota | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Grant. I believe they are the same until you get to the newest Remingtons.

Worked like a charm!

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Before adjusting any of these old triggers, and even the newer ones for that matter, I would recommend detail stripping and cleaning the entire trigger assembly and housing, inside and out, before setting the final pull. These old triggers have a nasty habit of holding old oils and preservatives that can creep out at the wrong time resulting in a potentially disastrous accidental discharge.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting point Malm.
I recently bought a Model 722 in 300 Savage, and found the trigger a bit heavy. So, I backed out the pull adjusting screw as far as I felt safe, and the pull measured 2 3/4 pounds. I cleaned up the rest of the rifle, then flushed out the trigger good with break cleaner. All kinds of black crap came out of the bottom of the trigger. I then measure the pull weight again, and it measured 2 1/4 pounds.. Big Grin It lost a half pound of pull by flushing out the crap, which may have been in there since the rifle was new.
Point well made Malm.

Don