Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger options on Vanguard
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted
I've got some replies on a previous thread, one being a Rifle Basix trigger. They can ship it to me in South Africa, approx. 3 weeks.

Anyone with some experience with these triggers?
or would you recommend something else.

Cheers
Johan

Posts: 160 | Location: Johannesburg- South Africa | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe Timney also offers an aftermarket trigger for the Vangaurd.

Longshot

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longshot:
I believe Timney also offers an aftermarket trigger for the Vangaurd.

Longshot

They do but won't ship to SA

Posts: 160 | Location: Johannesburg- South Africa | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would try tuning the factory trigger before buying a Rifle Basix; I have a Timney and the only reason I chose it over the factory trigger was that the Timney has a three position safety.

Posts: 709 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 16 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tapper2
posted Hide Post
I tune Howa/Vanguard triggers all the time. You need to take the trigger apart and stone the sear. If you want to take about .010" off the trigger where it contacts the safety pin this will allow you to adjust the sear engagement a little finer. You can also put a lighter trigger spring in. It is possible to get that trigger down to a crisp 1.5 lbs.

Tom

SCI lifer
NRA Patron
DRSS
DSC

Posts: 654 | Location: Denver, Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johanv:
I've got some replies on a previous thread, one being a Rifle Basix trigger. They can ship it to me in South Africa, approx. 3 weeks.

Anyone with some experience with these triggers?
or would you recommend something else.

Cheers

I put Rifle Basix Triggers in both of my Vanguards, and the breaks are EXCELLENT. I like them as well as any trigger I've ever used.
Johan

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
I tune Howa/Vanguard triggers all the time. You need to take the trigger apart and stone the sear. If you want to take about .010" off the trigger where it contacts the safety pin this will allow you to adjust the sear engagement a little finer. You can also put a lighter trigger spring in. It is possible to get that trigger down to a crisp 1.5 lbs.

+1

When I bought my .300 Wby Vanguard, the trigger was a 6-7 lb lawyer friendly POS. I got some directions on line on how to correctly polish and adjust the trigger. I followed those directions, and my factory Vanguard trigger is now smooth and breaks crisply at 2.5 lbs.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1634 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted Hide Post
Where can I find these directions?

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Johanv, PM sent

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1634 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote