New
Find
Notify
Tools

110e 22-250 closes hard
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just picked up a used Savage 110e in 22-250. Its in fair shape and will be used for coyote hunting.

I got a box of factory loads, Fed Premium 55gr Sierra hp.

But, with some rounds, the bolt closes hard, or stiffly.
I fired the gun, accuracy seems decent, with some potential with handloads. Again with some, it opened tough. No signs of overpressure. I did clean the chamber and didnt find rust.
The cases are scratched near the head, at the widest part. No scracting on the head, or the shoulder. The bullets are not jamming the rifling.

Ideas ? Could it just be that the chmaber is tight ?

Posts: 90 | Location: albany,ny,usa | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes all Savage rifles have tight chambers and bores.Keep them clean!You have a fine rifle there.

Posts: 255 | Location: Wurtsboro,NY.USA | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks. I do think it has potential. I never had this caliber. I have a nail driving .223 mod 700 adl, which I have in an HS Precision stock. I just had an opurtunity for this gun, so took it. I like .22-250 better for coyotes.

I did clean the chamber more with solvent, Kroil and JB, then dryed good. Seems a little better

Posts: 90 | Location: albany,ny,usa | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote