THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

remington 700 lss,accuracy and work needed??????
 Login/Join

posted
I've been pondering buying a model 700 sendero or police,But I see I can get the 700 lss for $300 less than the other 2. Just wondering if the accuracy with be comparable to the sendero,This wil be chambered in 300 RUM. Whats gonna be the difference,other than the heavy barrel and the stock, both will need a trigger job, any idea's or comments please. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two LSS, one in 270 Winchester and the other in 260 Remington. They both shoot extremely well. Mine are both mountain rifles, laminated stainless.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have a 7mm ultra mag in the lss pepper laminate stock. i shoot reloads and the 140 gr nosler partition factory loads to under 1/2". this is the best shooting rifle i have. it shot this way after break in from the box. since then i bedded the rifle and put a custom muzzle brake on it. a little trigger work was done as well. i did it all myself except the brake. recoil is less than a 270. back to your question, they shoot great. i have 7 different bullet combos that shoot less than 1/2" at 100 yards.

Posts: 214 | Location: north carolina | Registered: 16 January 2004Reply With Quote