New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 700 1/4" CM Recoil Lug
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am looking for a Remington 700 recoil lug 1/4" thick, chrome moly not stainless, that has the same profile diameter as a receiver.

Seems like all I can find is stainless, anyone have a source for CM?

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com
Follow us on Instagram and YouTube

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sunny Hill

Posts: 714 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slivers:
Sunny Hill

Are they still in business? Their price list is from 2015 and I have never gotten someone to answer the phone when I call, nor received any responses to the emails I sent?

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

I buy Mauser actions, parts, micrometers, tools, calipers, etc. Specifically looking for pre-WWII Mauser tools.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, Sunny Hill is still in bus. I have not called lately, but in the past left a message and he called back. or, called first thing in the morning. Brownells handles Sunny Hill lugs, too.

Posts: 714 | Location: fly over America, also known as Oklahoma | Registered: 02 June 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sunny Hill. Their barrel brackets are Rem profile and .240 thick. Nice heavy lug that will fit in 98% of all factory inlets.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kendog:
Sunny Hill. Their barrel brackets are Rem profile and .240 thick. Nice heavy lug that will fit in 98% of all factory inlets.
And, more importantly, both sides are surface ground and the 'hole' is 90* to the sides, as should be.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can't tell from the information on the website, the recoil lug is the same diameter as a Rem 700 receiver?

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two in stock. The SS one measures 1.350" and the CM one measures 1.3505".
Stock Remington's are 1.300" +/-.005", and 700 receivers are nominal 1.36". Depending upon whom polished it that particular day...!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Nathaniel Myers
Myers Arms LLC
nathaniel@myersarms.com
www.myersarms.com