Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Wanted stock picts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
mbogo375,
Nice rifles, can you tell me who made the one with the shotgun triggerguard and the single trigger?

Thanks,

one of us
Picture of mbogo375
posted Hide Post
The rounded grip was more of a Germanic design than English.

Here are three British express rifles, Jeffery 375 (top), Rigby 350 (middle), and Holland&Holland 375x2.5 Flanged Nitro (bottom).

Here are a couple of Mauser sporters. The top may be along the lines that you are after.

Here are three more Mauser Sporters. The middle one could be the style you had in mind.

Hope this helps a bit,
Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 21 July 2000Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Magnum,

You need to use another Picture Hosting website such as Imagestation or Photobucket. Webshots does not allow the import of pictures to another website. That is why all we see of your pics are Red X in a box.

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, the image quality is pretty bad in this pic, I'm no photographer. The rifle is a Win M70 chambered for 300 H&H with 26" barrel. The stock is one of Serengeti's 5 layer laminates. We started with their Featherweight pattern, the Cheetah, then I had them to abbreviate the forearm to the English style is much as possible. The cheekpiece and butt are the American Classic style to work with a scope.

The stock may offend some purists on several fronts, but I really like it. It fits me well, the rifle balances extremely well, the stock is rough and tough for sheep hunting in the rain, snow, sleet, rocks and scree slopes and glaciers, yet has moderate figure and looks nice.

While it's not an exhibition grade solid piece of English Walnut, it didn't cost anywhere near as much either.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the picture. I also have an 03 A3, however I didn't take a classic theme for it. It has a very big rollover and has been rebarreled to 25-06. I did this because most of the sporterized 03-A3's I saw were done like this, and most were done several years ago. Anyway I thought it looked right.
Hopefully Magnum will get his figured out. I need all the suggestions I need.
I am still looking for the picture I saw awhile back. I looked for it for several hours last night. I know it was on this forum somewhere.
Thanks again and keep them coming!

Posts: 2095 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote