New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savager ejector
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was shooting my savage 10 FP in223 yesterday,the first 5 shots were ok but the 6th the cases wouldn,t eject found out that the ejector was gone.Were I don't know looked everywhere but couldn't find it.Has anyone else had this to happen and is it easy to put one back end without takeing the bolt apart.
Going to call savage and see if they will send me a ejector and pin,the spring is still in the hole.The gun is about 2 yrs old and I don't know yet wether this is a part they will only ship to a gun smith.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brownells has them and related parts. Better determine the cause of the lost one and I'd order a couple of them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have no idea of the cause,never had this to happen before in any rifle.
Wasn't shooting max loads,what could be some of the reasons for it to come out?So I can have some idea what to look for?
Thanks for the info.

Posts: 508 | Location: Newton,NC,USA | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Did you lose the ejector or the extractor? The extractor pulls the case out of the chamber, the ejector throws it clear of the rifle. I have had quite a few people come in with missing extractors, but I have not had anyone lose the ejector, but there is a first time for everything. Did you look in your magazine box? I have found the parts inside the stock.

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Need to correct the term,you can see I am not a gun smith.It is the extractor,(pulls the case out of the chamber.
I look on the shooting table and the floor and took the stock off but couldn't find,It must have been ther somewhere because I had just fired 5 shots before and it worked ok.
Thanks for correcting my termimalogy.
Can I replase this myself without taking it to a gun smith?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Contacted savage a fellow by the name of Joe called and is going to take care of the problem.
Thats what I call super service.
Thanks for the info