Find
Notify
Tools

Need Mauser Barrel Dimension
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted
If anyone has an original Type A 9.3x62 Mauser sporter, I need some dimensions from the barrel, such as muzzle diameter. If you have one and are willing to help, please PM me and I will give the dimensions I need. I have Lothar Walther's and Speed's dimensions, neither of which I think are from a 9.3. thanks in advance for any help. Here are the dimensions I need:

Posts: 17275 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Isn't that barrel in the photo A LW 5130 contour type E sporter for type A rifles?

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
The barrel in the photo is an Adams and Bennett .358 caliber that I turned into a Mauser type A contour, guessing at the dimensions and using some from Speed's book.
That is why I need them from an actual 9.3 rifle.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Contour #5130: Mauser Type E Sporter (for type A rifles)

ØD1 = 0.625"
ØD2 = 0.800"
ØD3 = 0.865"
ØD4 = 0.923"
ØD5 = 1.200"
L1 = 2.00"
L2 = 2.79"
L3 = 3.79"
L4 = 6.49"
L5 = 26"

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
As I said in my request, I have LW's data; that barrel is not from a 9.3, from what I read. I still need the dimensions from an actual 9.3x62 Type A Mauser barrel to verify the dimensions I have.
thanks anyway

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
dcpd I've looked through all my Mauser books & the one thing that I can't find any reference too is the muzzle diameter. Roll Eyes

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Yeah, me too; look on page 124 of the sporter book at that drawing; shows a muzzle dia of 14.6mm (.575) but that barrel is for calibers up to 9mm.

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Yep it sure is.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station