New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Model 70 and D'arcy Echols
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Could someone please explain how he uses these actions and what he does to make them as good as he does to justify the price in light of other products out there like the Hein and GMA?

Much appreciated!

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you do a search here you'll find lots of info on Echol's rifles. He's a member here also. Why not contact him and ask him directly? That way nothing will be lost in the translation.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
allenday gives a description of his Echols .270win HERE.

One of Us
Picture of Bent Fossdal
posted Hide Post
Mr Echols is a legend, as his rifles. He has made gunsmithing a sience, and his work is outstanding.
What he does takes time, and his time is expensive, because everything he does, is done to perfection.

But everything he does, is not nesseceary to achieve accuracy and reability. Most factory rifles I have seen feed pretty well as they are. With straightened scopemount holes, squared front and lugs, a good barrel installed and a regular bedding, accuracy sub MOA is easy in almost any boltrifle.

But I do not know any other rifle I would trust as much as a Legend from Echols. I would take it from his hands against DG without a single shot of testing. And that reliability is what have made him a Legend.

Bent Fossdal
Reiso
5685 Uggdal
Norway

Posts: 1707 | Location: Norway | Registered: 21 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The difference between very good and the very best is usually a lot of money..................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote