Find
Notify
Tools

Which Timney trigger for a 98
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted
Do any of you Timney Trigger experts out there know the difference between the Timney 98FN and 98K triggers? My buddy got ready to order a trigger(with safety) for his 98 and saw there were two listing. His action is a converted M98 but will be installed in a factory MKX stock. I have not seen eaither in person and have no clue how to answer his question. Told him I would ask greater minds than mine.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
Read all about it.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.as...EATHERWEIGHT+TRIGGER

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Read all about it.

thumb Thanks I was just in the library reading my Brownells catelog and had missed that note Roll Eyes. 98Fn it is.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ramrod

Both will work. The difference is in the trigger location. Most people like the "standard" location at the rear of the trigger guard. I have seen the K trigger installed on the standard FN guard for those who like to locate the trigger near the middle of the guard. (don't ask me why). This closely mimicks the military trigger location. The FN will not work on the K guard.

Roger

Posts: 254 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 20 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of olcrip
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks for the Brownells Timney link Westpac, I printed it and it goes in my book of goodies and information reference book.

Olcrip,
Nuclear Grade UBC Ret.
NRA Life Member, December 2009

Politicians should wear Nascar Driver's jump suites so we can tell who their corporate sponsers are!

Posts: 1800 | Location: River City, USA. East of the Mississippi | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote