THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester Super Grade sling stud screw(s)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
Gents

How would one go about getting a single blued screw to replace one "lost' on a GunBroker item?
Bought it "as is" and no complaints, just saw in the extensive pics that the rear stud is missing a screw.
Not sure if it is wood or metal threads. I receive the gun Friday or so, and want to be prepared.
Brownell's lists the entire package (also for Talley, Dakota, and so on) ; however, 70 bucks isn't what I want to spend.

Thanks!

Barry

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
pre64win.com or Midwest Gun Works.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Much obliged, sir.

Posts: 4862 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Well, its moot now. UPS snapped / pulverized the stock at wrist. Suggestions on a replacement? Bull barrel in stainless looks like it was a project. Fired two .257 Roberts minimal loads to verify caliber (because there are no markings.) Cleans up good and I'm hopeful it will shoot. Don't need a Super Grade stock per se, but a drop-in synthetic would do just fine. The trigger is sweet and the Buehler mounts look just fine. Was going to slide a slip-on pad to get LOP to my measurement. Anyone need an original rear sling stud with one wood screw? First addy gets it after UPS sends insurance check to me or the seller. My treat -- thanks for the info.

Barry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CDNN has new factory Winchester stocks in wood and synthetic. It sounds like you'll have to do some fitting, though.

Otherwise, Boyds, or keep an eye on Ebay.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jeremy. Gonna get on it Monday. UPS wants the box, too. Doubt I do anything but buy a project stock or do as you advised. Heck, I've fiddled with my taxidermy, why not give being a Bubba a whirl? Found Numrich and Midwest, too.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Drilled for a bolt through broken area, epoxied it (used an eyebolt and cut the extra off after cured some.) Bidding on a LA used stock @ Ebay. Stud spoken for.