Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Poor Feeding on a Mauser.. HELP!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of South40
posted
Try swapping the magazine follower and spring from the '06 to the .35, (and viceversa)then check feeding in both rifles.

Posts: 442 | Location: Way out west | Registered: 28 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm retarded.

thanks though. that should help isolate the problem.

Posts: 322 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have Jim Dodd's old 1918 Oberndorf 98K... in 35 Whelen.

I also have my grandfathers (now dad's) 98 in 30-06. This is my benchmark. its not quite as accurate, but its operation is the best I've ever seen.

back to The whelen. its stinking stupid accurate, but feeds like shite. the magazine floor is pretty torn up, but I also think that it might have a few other things that need attending to.

anyone with experience trouble-shooting this? I don't have a ton of money to throw at this, but am handy and reasonably equipped for this sort of thing (have all the tools my grandfather used to make that 98 into a 30-06 many decades ago).

It looks to me like i need a few "floor" and that I need to take a little more material off of the ramp (I think that's the right word) as its quite a bit steeper than the '-06 when I compare them.

any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. especially if they are free/cheap.... have a baby on the way, you know how that goes.

Posts: 322 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska | Registered: 03 September 2003Reply With Quote