Find
Notify
Tools

MRC Actions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi Guys,
I'll be posting the new numbers for the Short Actions, Left Hand Long Actions, PH Actions and Mini is just a little while. But I wanted to make a special post here to let you guys know that we have changed the serial numbers slightly.
It never occured to us that in the production of the left hand & right hand short actions that they (machine shop) won't be doing them individually where the serial numbers will be sequenced like we had them previously. So what we decided to do is this. On all LEFT HAND models we are adding a "L" to the serial number. As I have explained to many of you over the last year the first part of the serial number states the action size and year of manufacture. I.E. C03 = Long Action manufactured in 2003. The new serial number will be CL03 which equals Long Action Left Hand manufactured in 2003. The Short actions will be BL03, Mini Actions AL03 and PH will be DL03 (actually the mini and PH will probably be AL04 and DL04. This shouldn't cause any confusion out there as your actual number like C03-0001 will just turn into CL03-0001. This also does something else. It frees up a lot of low numbers. We want to give those people with orders already the first chance at getting the lowest numbers available. So if you want to change to a lower number (see action update lists for numbers) give us a call or email us and we'll change it for you. It is on a first come first served basis, so the quicker you get in the lower the number you can get.

Thanks
Dan

[ 08-22-2003, 22:55: Message edited by: Dan@Montana Rifle Co ]

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Dan, You have mail. :-)

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan,
Sent you an email... [Confused]

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
<Clint>
posted
[Confused]
OK, I'm really confused. How does the addition of the letter "L" to all Left Hand actions free up low serial numbers. Every single serial number from 1 past 100 on the LH Long Action update is taken. Is the new Serial Number system (with the L) going to be a production run in addition to what's posted? ie. will I be able to order one action CO3-0060 and one
CLO3-0060? It would be nice to have a match pair, so Please help.

Clint

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clint, the "L" series will have it's own range of numbers, so you can get CL03-01, and it may still be available. That number is different and unique to C03-01. And I doubt that it will be a separate production run, just numbered differently. Imagine Dan will answer for himself but the answer is obvious and I think you have figured it out for yourself.

[ 08-26-2003, 07:21: Message edited by: Customstox ]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan told me in an email that the numbers of the LH actions will barely change if at all because they are already pretty well disbursed. Life is hard and filled with trials, travails, disappointments and disillusionments but we'll get through it.

Posts: 2758 | Location: Fernley, NV-- the center of the shootin', four-wheelin', ATVin' and dirt-bikin' universe | Registered: 28 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I emailed Dan the other day and asked him for a single digit number and he told me that my action serial number was changed from B03-0159 to BL03-0005

[ 08-27-2003, 05:22: Message edited by: Fjold ]

Posts: 12711 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote