THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Who would you recommend to Refinish a stock.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of urdubob
posted
I have a Holland and Holland bolt rifle that was built in 1955...it has been hunted with hard and I would like someone to refinish this stock. I just don't want to send it to anyone...I need someone who has some expeience with this type of rifle.

Urdubob

[ 12-02-2003, 00:43: Message edited by: urdubob ]

Posts: 945 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How about sending it back to H&H? They have a NY office. In 2002 I purchased a 1886 vintage Boss & Co. shotgun that needed the stock refinished. Boss' lead time was prohibitive so we chose H&H to do the work. H&H did beautiful work on the wood. Seeing as your rifle is a H&H and not a production line piece I'd at least consider sending it back to the factory.

Posts: 257 | Location: Radio Free Texas | Registered: 20 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Since it is an H&H I am guessing you are willing to pay for top work, why not ask Chic if he'll do it? I don't know if he does just finishing, but it's a possibility.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Duane Wiebe - CGRS
(530)344-1357

I admit to a bias, since Duane is a friend. However, I have seen a lot of his work, all of which was outstanding. He has also built two of my rifles, and is working on a third. I believe that Duane's peers in the ACGG, will tell you that he is one of the best gunsmiths in the USA.

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote