Find
Notify
Tools

D'arcy Echols and Co. Lightweight Legend
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Chet
posted
I was in D'arcy's shop yesterday looking at one of my rifles before he sent it off to be blued and decided to ask him if he had considered having McMillan build his Legend stocks using the same graphite material used in their new
"Hunters EGDE" stocks. To my surprise D'arcy walked over to a box and pulled out the worlds first lightweight Legend stock which he had just received from McMillan. This stock weighed in about 1 pound lighter than the standard weight stock, but otherwise feels and looks exactly the same.

I have one of the lighter Legends D'arcy has built up to this time. It is a .300 Wby with a very light contour 26" barrel, milled out bolt handle, milled out scope bases and lightened action. With a 4.5-14-40mm Leupold scope and 4 rounds in the magazine it weighs just under 9 pounds. I am planning to have D'arcy restock it with one of these new stocks which he figured would bring the weight to about 8 or so pounds.

If any of you are planning a new lightweight project or have wanted D'arcy to build you a lightweight (by Legend standards) rifle this could be a great option. He told me that he will sell these stocks for about $550 and can have a complete installation done for about $800.

Chet

Posts: 290 | Location: Northern Rockies | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Chetaf, welcome to AR. That is some interesting info on the lightweight options from D'arcy. I have been trying to get some info on purchasing a rifle from D'arcy myself. Do you have any contact info for him. I had received an e-mail address from another member but have not received a reply from D'arcy after mailing to that address twice--I didn't want to pester the man, but maybe he didn't get my inquiry and it's floating around in cyberspace..... at any rate if you know of a website or Phone # I would appreciate it.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
<allen day>
posted
You have a PM with all the contact info you'll need.

AD

One of Us
Picture of Chet
posted Hide Post
I have not tried e-mailing D'arcy before. I live a couple of miles from his shop, so I usually call him or just drop by. If you want a rifle or stock, the best way to get hold of D'arcy is to call him at his shop at 435-755-6842. Leave a message if he does not answer and he will usually call back. If you want a rifle any time soon, you should order it before he goes to the SCI show and picks up a bunch of new projects.

Chet

Posts: 290 | Location: Northern Rockies | Registered: 24 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Chet, Allen sent me the info and I left D'arcy a message earlier today. Thanks again--Don

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote