Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for gunsmith in Alaska
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted
Looking for a gunsmith in Anchorage or the Valley - any recommendations?

Jim

fur, feathers, & meat in the freezersalute
"Pass it on to your kids"

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you want done but for general repairs I'd call this fellow. Right now I'm having a mental block and can't for the life of me remember his name. My son uses him and I knew him when I lived in Alaska.

PRECISION ARMS INC
2060 Duke Dr
Anchorage, AK 99508
907-279-5755

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2944 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM scott king - he knows somebody in anchorage

Posts: 13460 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Get ahold of Steve at AK custom firearms. He does about 99% of my work.

His number is 349-4867. Hes on old seward, about a block north of dimond. Same building as wiggy's.

http://www.alaskacustomfirearms.com/

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Looking for some work on a 375 H&H mauser action

Anyone used Andy Hawk or Stan Jackson?

Jim

Posts: 822 | Location: Palmer, Alaska | Registered: 22 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used Stan on numberous rebarelling projects. His work is first rate and he charges less than lower 48 smiths and his turn around during the non hunting season is a few weeks at the worse (usually).
He is my first choice.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6643 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Thanks, what part of town is he in?

Jim

One of Us
posted Hide Post
South Anchorage, he operates a nice shop in back of his house. Make sure you call him first as some days he is not there.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6643 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Abob
posted Hide Post
Thanks Snowwolfe

Bet you're regualr at Boondocks

Jim