Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you Cas11-Photos Added
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Charley,
The stock painting and metal refinishing on my Mod 7 was great! The price was right also.
Thanks Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CAS II is a pretty artistic guy, but he's never posted his stuff (to my knowledge) Charley...let's see! Duane

Posts: 2221 | Location: Tacoma, WA | Registered: 31 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was going to work up a load for it today and check the sightin on my Grandson's rifle. Well guess what!!!! I had to take the wife to the state fair. I will take some photos and see if I can impose on somebody to post them. I swear that I will learn how one of these days. I do have a photobucket account, but have only been able to get one photo on it.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know that it is tough to live in the country. My server has us throttled down as they say. We have exceeded our average band width use. 1 gig a week. This is combined uploads and downloads. I tried to email pics, but they won't go. We are limited to a 24.4k phone line or satellite as we have now. No DSL, cable, or cell modem are available. We are looking at line of sight antennas.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure you are on the right (north) side of the border?

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5521 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Butch. I appreciate the compliment.

That is one sweet little rifle. Your Grandson should be a holy terror on whitetails with it.

Let's see a picture of the rifle with a dead critter and a grinnin' kid!

One of Us
Picture of srtrax
posted Hide Post
Butch asked me to post these pictures for him, so here they are. In an e-mail reply I forgot to ask for adoption papers Big Grin.

Posts: 1641 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 03 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Steve,
It is a Mod7 Rem. We installed an Anshutz bolt release, fluted the bolt,added a Pierce firing pin and spring assembly, Jewell Trigger, a longer bolt handle, Shilen CM#2 barrel in 6.5X47L, and a Brown Precision"Pounder" stock. The metal coating and stock painting was done by CAS11. The Scope is a 2 1/2X8 Leupold VarX111. It weighs 6lbs7oz with the scope covers. He wants to use 130grn Barnes TSX bullets. I hope to get the load sorted out this weekend as the season starts Saturday week.
Thanks again Charley
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch, How in the world are the we "little guys" supposed to keep up when you do stuff like this?

When I was 14, my deer rifle looked like it was used as a hammer in its former life. Good thing you didn't really try to impress the little snot-nosed rascal....

Very nice pimp job. Very nice indeed.

Posts: 167 | Location: Rockwall (Dallas), TX | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trouble,
This rifle was done 10 yrs ago. I rebarreled it, did the bolt handle and the Anschutz bolt release this year and then sent it to CAS11.
You do a little here and there and doing it myself makes it not too bad.
Butch

one of us
Picture of M1Tanker
posted Hide Post
I really like the Anschutz bolt release. If you do not mind, what all was involved in the process?

William Berger

True courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. - John Wayne

The courageous may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Posts: 3155 | Location: Rigby, ID | Registered: 20 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Butch and CAS,

That rifle is awesome!!!! thumb

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch

Looks real nice.
I would also be interested in the instillation and particulars of the Anschutz bolt release.
Thanks
James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
James,
The 3 that I have done, I've just muddled through it. I need to set down and make measurements and make a print. I buy the lever and spring from an Anshutz dealer. About $48. I have an endmill that is .005 wider than the width of the slot. You need to put your slot as far back as you can to allow the bolt to open to it's fullest. I cut the slot about .015 longer than the lever taking care not to go all the way through in the back. You need some metal there for the spring to set on. I make a pivot pin from a 5-40 set screw. Turn it down enough on the end for about .220 length to a diameter that slip fits the lever. Measure from the edge of your lever to the center of the pivot hole. Turn your receiver upside down. Dial over the amount that you measured. Make a little spot face, center drill and then drill a hole that is just large enough for the pivot screw to slide in. I do not go all the way through to make it a cleaner look. Tap the bottom of the hole for the threaded part of your pin.When I say bottom, I mean the bottom of the receiver not the end of the hole.
Install the spring and screw and you are ready to go. After hunting season, I will disassemble it for photos and draw a print.
Butch

one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch

Thanks for the reply.
I would like to see pictures when you have available.

James

Posts: 658 | Location: W.Va | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking good Butch.
I hope it puts some venison on the table for you & yours.

Keep'em in the X ring,
DAN

www.accu-tig.com

Posts: 429 | Location: Fairbanks,AK. | Registered: 30 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dans40XC did the tig welding on the bolt. He knows what he is doing!
Butch