New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help badly
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just ran into a major problem with my AR-15. Gunsmith is on an extended vacation, (60 days) and I need the piece for a match in two weeks. The problem is that it has started to double, the take up stage of the Jewell trigger is not functioning, and the safety no longer works. All this happened at once, and I am a loss as to what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone knows of a GOOD 'smith in the Mid-Hudson area of New York please let me know where he is located.
Thanks

Posts: 282 | Location: Mid-Hudson Valley, NY | Registered: 26 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Nitroman
posted Hide Post
If I were you I would delete any posts on any threads regarding this and call Jewel immediately.
Don't take that rifle outside and don't tell anyone about it but Jewel.

Posts: 1844 | Location: Southwest Alaska | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jay,
Roger is right. Contact Jewell immediately; they should be able to talk you through any adjustments or recommend you send the trigger back for repair.
Send it via USPS Express Mail (insured) and ask them to ship it back to you the same way. It's only $12 plus insurance each way.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
I'd post your situation over at Shooters Talk on their Highpower Forum. Your situation isn't unique,just a little tuning glitch. Some very experienced gents there,intimately familiar with the AR and the Jewell trigger group(which is excellent in my opinion).

Or call Frank,at CLE and ask him how busy he is. He may take pity on your needing the rifle,for a pending Match and help you right out. He's one of the very best AR 'Smiths................