Find
Notify
Tools

Six Enterprises
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of IanD
posted
Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of this company? I picked up a synthetic stock made by them and was looking for some info.

Posts: 366 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 13 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe it was a Lee Six Enterprise http://firearmshistory.blogspo...omposite-stocks.html

Interesting commentary here.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1183 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
I can't imagine the company staying in the stock making business too long if that is the quality of their workmanship. Pretty crude third world looking stuff, and that's likely doing some firearm producing third world countries a disservice.

Surely they could have moulded some checkering in!!

Is that a crack at the front of the loading port in the third photo or just an illusion like the rest of the stock Wink

Posts: 3913 | Location: Rolleston, Christchurch, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My first synth stock was a Lee Six stock,back in the late 1970's. Could not believe how light it was. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't some checkering on it but some crinkle type paint solved that. Glass bedded an old Win barreled action in the stock and found the 2 to 2 1/2 inch groups it shot with the wood stock were suddenly 1 in groups. I've since re-barreled that rifle to 284 and it is still a delight to carry. The moulded in checkering is one of the few positives that some of the present day "plastic" stocks have.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matt salm:
I believe it was a Lee Six Enterprise http://firearmshistory.blogspo...omposite-stocks.html

Interesting commentary here.

Deterioration starts at seven years? Then what?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
They were first generation, hand laid up, fiberglas/resin stocks; hand made; the forte was to be as light as possible; not for looks. They were not the injection molded things on cheap rifles like we have now. .

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd use it without hesitation. They had a reputation as one of the good ones. Exterior aside, it is a good stock.

Shoot straight, shoot often.
Matt

Posts: 1183 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 19 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not disputing anyone's description, but the side of the butt area sure looks molded to me.

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
You are right about this one; Lee Six did make injection molded ones later in his career. I have not used one of those.

Posts: 17291 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Interesting commentary here.[/QUOTE]

Deterioration starts at seven years? Then what?[/QUOTE]

Not sure about this deterioration ?? My stock was purchased around 1980,so that makes it 35 yrs old. It is still as solid as the day it came in the mail. I've seen fiberglass boats deteriorate after 45 to 50 years with a good bit of that time exposed to sunlight but I don't see that happening to my stock. Another 15 yrs and I may not care what happens to it !

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jim White
posted Hide Post
I had a Lee-Six on a bench gun some years ago. Panda action and a Hart barrel and it shot like a
house-a-fire. 6ppc

99% of the democrats give the rest a bad name.

"O" = zero

NRA life member

Posts: 730 | Location: Prescott, AZ | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote