New
Find
Notify
Tools

urgent!!! USPS LINK
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I am too furious to talk. The postal servant refused to accept a rifle for shipment to Tip Burns at Canyon Sporting Arms. They refused then said if I didn't have a FFL and a copy of His FFL I could not ship. That is not the law. Does any one have a quick link or a regulation I can take back with me to show them their own rules????

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Reading that link it says I have to have a FFL to ship. Is that the way it is?? I thought it only had to be shipped to a FFL holder.

square shooter

Posts: 2608 | Location: Moore, Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 28 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess that I didn't read it that way. I am fortunate as I have shipped several and received several without problems.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
If it is a handgun then yes you need to ship FFL to FFL
But other then that if it's a legal rifle it's good to go.

As quoted from Wiki-fucking-pedia Big Grin
Gunsmith and Factory Repair Exception
While the Gun Control Act prohibits the direct mail-ordering of firearms, a person may ship a gun via contract carrier (UPS or FedEx usually) to a gunsmith (who always has an FFL) or the gunmaker's factory for repairs or modification. After the repair work is done, the gunsmith or the factory can ship the weapon directly back to the customer.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I got it done. Took all the paperwork with me Thanks Craigster for the like it worked like a charm.
This is a great board!

square shooter

One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kcstott:
If it is a handgun then yes you need to ship FFL to FFL
But other then that if it's a legal rifle it's good to go.

As quoted from Wikipedia
Gunsmith and Factory Repair Exception
While the Gun Control Act prohibits the direct mail-ordering of firearms, a person may ship a gun via contract carrier (UPS or FedEx usually) to a gunsmith (who always has an FFL) or the gunmaker's factory for repairs or modification. After the repair work is done, the gunsmith or the factory can ship the weapon directly back to the customer.

Wiki-fucking-pedia??? While I don't dispute wikipedias take on this subject, for laughs I though I would consult an equally reputable source, Snopes.com. They don't have it listed. Big Grin

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Both sights are pretty damn liberal if you check many things on their sites.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of kcstott
posted Hide Post
Well everything printed on those sites should be taken with a grain of salt or two. But I've never run into a liberal point of view from them.

And I knew I'd get razzed for quoting from them. Big Grin

Anyway lb404 I hope you gave them a friggin ear full and thanked them for wasting your time and money and doing their friggin job for them
It would have been every thing I could do to keep from beating the crap out of them.

www.KLStottlemyer.com

Deport the Homeless and Give the Illegals citizenship. AT LEAST THE ILLEGALS WILL WORK

Posts: 2534 | Location: National City CA | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:

Wiki-fucking-pedia??? Big Grin

rotflmo

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lb404:
Well I got it done. Took all the paperwork with me Thanks Craigster for the like it worked like a charm.
This is a great board!

What did the fools say when you showed them their regs? I hope you rubbed it in a bit.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Labman
posted Hide Post
I had a similar experience when mailing a shotgun back to Remington for repair from a post office in downtown Philadelphia. When the clerk asked what was in the box and I said "a shotgun" she had a fit and told me in no uncertain terms that it couldn't be mailed. I told her she was wrong and to get her supervisor who also told me it couldn't be shipped.

I then told him to get out his regulations and look up the fact that it could be sent back to the manufacturer. Well he pulls out this giant book and the two of them spend some time going through it then I hear him say "I'll be damned he's right." They shipped the gun without any further discussion. Just stand up for your rights and make then abide by their own rules.

Tom Z

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2326 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 07 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Knowing the Law rules regulations and providing the # or provision of the Gun Control act of 1968 will " Always " put you in front of postal employees . Whom for the most part have IQ's less than room temperature !. Pray for a Scorching day when forced to deal with those brain dead zombies !. Another stellar example of affirmative action hiring policies !. Our Gov. in lack of any meaningful training or action !.

http://pe.usps.com/Archive/PDF...Archive0810/C024.pdf

Remember the Government wants to provide some sort of Health Care cluster F ck bound red tape

regulations ( actually a non revocable tax ) . How about just running SS, Medicare , and allowing the

Economy to work on it's own . Personally I don't want " ANY MORE HELP " from the Government EVER !.

I simply can't afford their programs any longer !!!. So Stimulate that DC middlefinger archer archer archer

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote