Find
Notify
Tools

bottom metal
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted
Purchased some upgraded bottom metal from Blackburn for a Winchester Mod 70. The magazine box will have to be shortened due to the fact that the box sits on top of the bottom metal. It doesn't actually set inside of it. Any idea on how much anyone knows needs to come off? My 'smith can do it- I am just curious myself.

Posts: 636 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The thickness of the bottom metal itself, originals were flush with the bottom of the stock.

Posts: 427 | Location: MN | Registered: 11 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sabretooth
posted Hide Post
that makes sense. was debating on selling this one and possibly getting a hold of one from Parkwest Arms, since they fit it to a T. However, it wouldn't make sense to do that and cause myself that much of a headache.

Posts: 636 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 10 March 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sabretooth:
Purchased some upgraded bottom metal from Blackburn for a Winchester Mod 70. The magazine box will have to be shortened due to the fact that the box sits on top of the bottom metal. It doesn't actually set inside of it. Any idea on how much anyone knows needs to come off? My 'smith can do it- I am just curious myself.

Abour a quarter inch. It needs to be shorter to accomodate the thinker bottom metakl

Jim Kobe
10841 Oxborough Ave So
Bloomington MN 55437
Professional member American Custom Gunmakers Guild

Posts: 5523 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote