New
Find
Notify
Tools

Richards Microfit Gunstocks
 Login/Join

<JoeATCA>
posted
I am considering ordering a stock from them. Anyone had any negative experiences? Thanks in advance for the replies. Joe

one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
The last one I ordered was a old classic with a round forearm. I received a oval forearm. The picture of the old classic on their site also threw me a little. From the pistol grip forward was shaped in a way I didn't expect. Comparing notes with another over the web leads me to believe the screw up more than just giving me a oval forearm. The wood was acceptable though and they left enough wood to shape to a acceptable shape. Of all the folks in the same business they seem to get the best reviews so I wouldn't write them off completely. I'm thinking of getting one of their "factory seconds" and would like any info from folks who have purchased one. What flaws did you receive and how was the repair? dempsey

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Recently ordered and received two of their factory seconds. One was total trash and I sent it back. The other was'nt bad. The Factory second deal means minor knots and sapwood. I have used them before and for $40(+-) they are a pretty good deal. They also have a "100% money back" guarantee, so you haven't got a whole lot to lose other than time.

------------------
there's a fine line between hobby and mental illnes

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have bought two of their seconds. One in carlo walnut and one in maple. I have been very pleased with both stocks and both finished out well. I don't think you can beat them for the price.
Dale

Posts: 52 | Location: Harlingen, Tx, USA | Registered: 09 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I also bought a 2nd, Im quite pleased with it, very good value for the money.

Posts: 3097 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might use the search to read a thread which ran not too long ago.

Posts: 6935 | Location: hydesville, ca. , USA | Registered: 17 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Seconds???

My God, the "good" stocks aren't that much money! Whatever.

I've stocked several of my rifles with Richards Micro-Fit stocks and have "NO" complaints with their products. They do seem to occasionally be a tad slow on delivery, though. It's not uncommon for me to call them up, several weeks after placing an order, and get "OH!!! YES!!! It's RIGHT HERE! READY TO GO! We'll get it out today/tomorrow!!!" Uh huh. Right. Which means they haven't done squat with the order, they now have a customer complaining, so they'd better cut the damn stock.

Other than that, once I've gotten them, I've been completely satisfied. I don't bother with their "seconds," though.

Russ

------------------
"Out here, 'due process' is a bullet!" -- John Wayne, "The Green Berets"

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I once ordered their "Classic". Got sometinng that was not at all classic, I sent it back, the refunded my money, I will never do business with them again. I felt I was being told what I wanted to hear just to make a sale. Others seem happy, since you have one ordered you can decide on your own.

Posts: 813 | Location: Left Coast | Registered: 02 November 2000Reply With Quote
<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Lets see...I ordered a stock for a Ruger they sent me a Weatherby. Then they said it would take 4 weeks to do the right one and it took 8 weeks. Then when I got it it didn't have the ebony forend tip.

Other than that I love em...

[ 05-28-2002, 04:25: Message edited by: Mike Dettorre ]

<RickMD>
posted
I've ordered one stock from them and it will be my last. Slow delivery and NO customer service (unless you like being lied to). Ordered a "classic" style and the stock they sent after 13 weeks was more like a "California rollover". Never again.......

------------------
Rick
NRA Endowment Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Does somebody has a link to there homepage ????
Thanks
konst#1

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Their website is www.rifle-stocks.com

------------------
there's a fine line between hobby and mental illnes

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My experience with this outfit is inconsistent at best- I ordered a classic one time and got a weatherby style, I called to complain and they told me they would send another, which they did, and told me to keep the first!! The second one was fine. As cheap as they are, I guess it may be worth the crap shoot of dealing with them, which is just about what it is...

Posts: 94 | Location: Lakewood, Colorado USA | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote