Find
Notify
Tools

A 9.3 x62 is being conceived
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted
Will its in the works. A FN supreme action, Lothar Walter barrel at 25 1/2" ( just for Ray ;+) ) Claro walnut stock, Maybe not to final profile yet, still mulling it over. It will get checkered by Sherry Abraham, haven't decided on which pattern yet though. Scope Hm... probably a Leupold. NECG front band sight
and I hope a flip up peep in the rear end of the rear scope base.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club 72'73.
Yankee Station

Try to look unimportant. Your enemy might be low on ammo.

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Doug, nice work, nice concept. Whose safety?

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
The only problem I see is that it is not mine.Roll Eyes

Very nice.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the compliment fla3006. The safety is a Dakota. By the way when is the next Houston show? Forgot to mention that I am finishing this stock with Pro Custom Oil. Thought i would give a try.

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

Posts: 8350 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't tell from the picture - has the rear tang been reshaped? FN Supreme's are wonderful actions, but I could never abide the hump-backed grip of the factory stocks caused by the military tang profile. Nice rifle.

"There are only three kinds of people; those who can count, and those who can't."

Posts: 1366 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 10 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Doug,

I've been looking at the Lothar Walter barrels for a project. Which barrel and contour is that?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice work! this should have been in the rifleman article on building a custom DGR w/o iron sights.whose rear peep are you going to use? soldall my custom rifles years ago,now there in books & auctions& im kicking myself. guess im hooked all over again.thanks

Posts: 877 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
<9.3x62>
posted
I've got a similar deal going on a 1952 model 70 action - NECG sights. Talley barrel band. CM pac-nor #3, 12" twist, @24". Haven't figured the stock yet, but leaning towards english. Your's looks great, a fine rifle in a fine caliber.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am jealous. That is a beauty!

Posts: 283 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Mighty fine, D.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11142 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
real nice, nice work.

Billy,

High in the shoulder

(we band of bubbas)

Posts: 1868 | Location: League City, Texas | Registered: 11 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Simply beautiful rifle thumb you're going to love it.

Rick R
Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most.

Posts: 162 | Location: On top of a mountain in WV | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty, Pretty, Pretty!!!

In a great caliber too! As Rick said ... you'll love it. (He introduced me to the 9,3x62. Was a very good turn.)

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Rifle indeed !!

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Glen the tang is still in original form for now. Ramrod I got lazy on this one & just ordered the artical # 722 barrel already threaded & chambered from Woody at Lothar Walter. Its .650 at the little end although I did turn it down to 1.750 at the big end. Big Grin

Doug Humbarger
NRA Life member
Yankee Station

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug

That is what I was thinking of doing.

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote