Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

375 JRS MAGNUM
 Login/Join

posted
I AM LOOKING FOR A 375 JRS CHAMBER REAMER.I AM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING ONE.AND I HAVE YET TO FIND ANYONE WITH ONE TO RENT.ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
What is your project that you are working on?

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2272 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Ive got a 375 H&H Browning A-bolt,Im wanting to re-chamber to 375 JRS

posted Hide Post
Codypost,

You might look at the 375 Weatherby. It has about the same ballistics and is a more common reamer to find. Only drawback is the ugly shoulder.

Posts: 57 | Location: North Central Washington | Registered: 19 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have looked at the Weatherby but I am not a big Weatherby fan.I have a friend that has a Winchester 70 chambered for the 375 JRS,and he loves it.His rifle came from the Winchester custom shop.So he dosnt know where to find a reamer either.Looks like I am just going to have to have one made for me.My father is also wanting to re-chamber his 375 H&H to the JRS.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Have one made by Manson or Kiff, use it and then sell it on ebay.

You'll probably get well over half your money back out of it and you'll know it's in good shape when you buy it new.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks like I am just going to have to have one made for me

Clymer lists them on the website.

What is the difference between the JRS and AI? Shoulder angle?

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have you taken a good look at the 375 AI ?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the good info.Going to be putting an order in with Clymer.
The 375 JRS is like other 375 improved chamberings and ballistically they are all close.The reason I want the JRS over all the others is because it is different and not all that common,and I have a good friend that has one and he couldnt be happier with it.The Ackley beats the JRS in some loadings and dosnt in others.It boils down to any of the improved chamberings squeeze about as much as you can get out of the H&H case.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Funny,
I have a Mauser in 375 JRS Mag and wish it was the Weatherby version or just plain ole H&H. I have a Win. Model 70 in 375 H&H and thats the only reason I don't rechamber it. The JRS sits in the corner of my gun room. I used to shoot wildcats almost exclusively and thought everything else was just too plain Jane, but I have come to the conclusion all the fireforming and loading twice to shoot once is not worth it. Of course I used to jump around with bullet weights too but now I find one load and pretty much stick with it. Sorry for the rant. Just my 0.02.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Magnum Hunter 1 just curious what sways you to the weatherby over the JRS?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ramrod340:
What is the difference between the JRS and AI? Shoulder angle?

The JRS is nothing more than the 8mm remmy necked up to .375.

Posts: 1244 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
FWIW,

I have a 375 Weatherby, and could not be happier. Excellent quality brass with the correct headstamp is readily available.

Unlike many of the other Weatherby cartridge designs, the 375 Weatherby is not over bore at all. It is basically a 30-06 sized up for the .375" bore.

The new factory specification reamer has just .37" of freebore. The "freebore" is not overly wide, so there is no significant accuacy penalty.

I view the Weatherby line as factory made Ackley Improved rifles and cartridges. The brass is well made and pretty tough. If you don't lean on the powder measure dispense button too hard, the brass will last a long, long time.

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CodyPost,
It only boils down to availability of loading dies and data. RCBS gets some crazy price for their dies sets for it, and shouldn't. I kind of like the idea that there is/was a factory load for the Wby version. Also, I have come to dislike Jon Sundra's writing quite a bit after reading it heavily during my misspent youth. I have really settled on the H&H after coming to the conclusion that if it is big enough to be shot with a 375, I don't need to do it at long range and most of my shots will be fairly close anyway.

Posts: 1332 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Magnum Hunter 1 thank you for your input,I love my H&H and i think I am going to just chamber a different barrel to the JRS,just to give it a try.