New
Find
Notify
Tools

New custom receiver
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
For somebody looking for an inexpensive stainless receiver. http://www.benchrest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28137
This is Jerry Stillers new Predator receiver. It will use all Remington receiver stocks, triggers. and bottom metal. The tenon size and threads are the same. They are a complete CNC receiver with the raceways cut on an EDM machine. At the present it is available in short action only, single shot, or repeater. The body is 416 stainless and I believe 4140 bolt material. The initial run is $600, I believe that the future runs will be $650. By the way, it comes in 223, 308, and magnum bolt faces. Other combinations will come as demand requires.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Jerry put it on Benchrest Central over a year ago when he first started the development but we couldn't talk him into a lefty version.
Frowner

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that the leftys will follow if there is enough demand. Thank goodness they are available now. Develpoment time on a new product sometimes takes a little longer than expected.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sako style extractor?

This is going to be big!

LD

Posts: 7158 | Location: Snake River | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote