Find
Notify
Tools

A bolt trigger ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of verhoositz
posted
Picked up a A Bolt stainless recently. Had my local guy try and clean up the gravelly and looooong heavy trigger pull. He sez it's as good as it's gonna get and still has too much travel and a little over 4 lbs at the break after he got thru with it. He is suggestiong a Brownells replacement at about $125 with his labor and taxes.
Is there a better option? Gun shoots pretty good but I'm not married to it by a long stretch and a little reluctant on the investment. 300Winnie Stainless Stalker Trade Bait?
Comments?
Ron

Posts: 260 | Location: On the Red River in North Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Provided your guy didn't screw up the factory trigger, you may send it here with $50 plus return shipping and I will return your rifle with a clean, crisp trigger.

Posts: 1374 | Registered: 06 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of verhoositz
posted Hide Post
Malm
I bought the gun used to hog hunt with this winter, so I'll keep your offer on the table for a couple months and see what happens meanwhile.
I am in the gun at a good price to use it for trade bait. Thanks for the reply.
I was just really disappointed in the limited adjustment range of the trigger 'cause while my local guy was able to lubricate out some of the boulders the trigger is just not comparable to the Tikka, mid 90's mfg'd M70 Classic and CZ's I own. He said that the trigger is not worth fooling with as he had used all the adjustment possible and recc'd replacing it when it broke his digital scale at between 4 and 5 lbs repeatedly.
This is probably why the gun was on the used rack 'cause it hasn't been shot much at all according to the wear on the bolt races.
Ron

Posts: 260 | Location: On the Red River in North Texas | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote