New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some of my work
 Login/Join

<KBGuns>
posted
Here are some photos of my projects from my pistol classes this semester.

The S&W is a Model 10, the old ones J&G was selling. I made a heavy barrel for it from a piece of barrel I had left from the .35 Whelen I am building for my father. I tightened it up; removed 0.008" of end shake, fitted a over sized hand, and trued up the cylinder face. I was aiming for 0.004" of cylinder gap, and ended up with about 0.0035". I also installed doudle ball detents in the yoke.

The AOC 1911 is a competition model I rebuilt. I tightened the slide to frame fit, replaced the garbage AOC link with a Wilson and found a better fitting bushing, then put Novak LoMounts on it. It will actually shoot a group now. I can not believe some of the trash put out as "competition" ready.

The Caspian is a gun I built up for my father. He had me purchase all the parts to replace almost every thing in the AOC. I had bought the Caspian slide and frame for my self. I just could not put all those nice new parts into tha AOC. I instead put his parts into what was going to be my Caspian, and to give him a good quality gun all over. Almost all the parts are Ed Brown, except the Wilson slide stop, Les Bear Mainspring housing, and Greider Precision hammer/sear/trigger. It has a BoMar rear with the pocket. I have not shot it yewt beyond checking functioning. I hope to get to the range to shoot it at paper to see what it does.

Kristofer

[ 12-06-2003, 07:32: Message edited by: KBGuns ]

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Krisopher..

good work, partner... well done!!

i wish i could take a year or so and do a full smithing course
jeffe

Posts: 39719 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice work, I aspire to do work like that some day, but an nervous about tackling a project that big. Where did you get your training, if I may ask? I understand there are some top notch schools in Arizona.

Good luck and good shooting,
Eterry

Posts: 849 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
<KBGuns>
posted
I am attending classes at Yavapai College in Prescott AZ. I am finishing my third semester, which ends next week. The instructers are excelent. I think this school is the school for some one who wants to learn the profession, not just take up the hobby. The program is a full time, 2 year affair. The only thing I dislike about it is the 6 week long brake between the fall and spring semesters.

Kristofer