Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

BRNO 601 action any good ?
 Login/Join

posted
I have a Brno 601 in .308 and was thinking about buildin a 22/250 AI with a 9" twist.
Is this action good for it or should I get another.

Posts: 9 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Highly regarded by many as a good action on which to build an expensive custom rifle . thumb

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of safari_hunter
posted Hide Post
Better to use a Remington or Sako action if your going to build a custom 22/250 AI.

The BRNO action would be great for a custom rifle chambered in 7/08 or 358 Win.

Posts: 89 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I've owned three 601s, like them very much, should be a good length for the 22-250:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They are not ZG-47s or especially 21Hs, but, they can be made into pretty sound rifles. I would not choose one for an AI cartridge, the Rem. or Sako will be better for this due to feeding of AI rounds in CRF actions. It CAN be done, but, the cost of the necessary work is not worth it, to me, YMMV.

I would build a .338/08 "Federal" on this action, if I were you.

Posts: 1379 | Location: British Columbia | Registered: 02 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I´ll take a note of this, thank you guys.

Posts: 9 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote