THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Building a 9.3x62 using a Brno Mod 21 action.....

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Building a 9.3x62 using a Brno Mod 21 action.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen

Is there any reason why it would not be a good idea to do this - with the 21 being a small ring? Any other reasons?

Cheers

GG

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Graheme,
Not a good idea because you need to send it to me to test it. AND the testing will take at least 10 years or so. The 21/22 action has been used for some rifles here with equal pressure of that round, with no adverse effects. Is the magazine box big enough or are you looking at getting a new one?

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez Chic.........how many Mod 21's do you need?

It's just an idea that keeps doing the rounds inside my pea brain. It would make a nice big brother to my Mod 21 .270 and I would do it with a Blackburn bottom metal and all the other goodies. Since the 9.3 is the same case as .30 06 I can't see any reason not to do it but thought I would ask anyway.

GG

[ 12-22-2002, 07:54: Message edited by: GG375 ]

Posts: 500 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can have enough of those and I only have one. Feel very deprived.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill Soverns
posted Hide Post
You want some cheese with that wine Chic? heheheh....

Posts: 1268 | Location: Newell, SD, USA | Registered: 07 December 2001Reply With Quote