New
Find
Notify
Tools

Problem with feeding on my 9.3x62
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Basically I had my smith put this rifle together using a charles daly action. He did everything except the finishing.

When I got it back from I double checked the feeding with dummy rounds and it fed great, no problems.

I sent it out to a place for a cerakote finish and now when I try to chamber the dummies, the round comes up at a extreme angle and the bullet hits the face of the bbl shank.

I'm at a loss. The COL of the round is 3.185" with speer 270's. I even tried different bottom metal w/spring and follower.

What am I missing? Both places do great work but something isnt mixing here.

This rifle has been a thorn in my side from day one so now its a personal thing.

Thanks and I hope one of you gun guru's can help me out. I know its difficult since the rifle isnt in front of you.

A lesson in irony

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing this year the greatest amount of free Meals and Food Stamps ever, to 46 million people.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us... "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because "The animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."

Thus ends today's lesson in irony.

Posts: 1626 | Location: Michigan but dreaming of my home in AK | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
First make sure it's your action. Big Grin Then make sure everything is assembled exactly the way you had previously tested the feeding when it last worked. Unless it has a completely different magazine assembly, then the problem could be with the follower. Like maybe it came back with a different one. Talk to the shop who finished the gun to see if someone else ended up with a gun the doesn't feed.

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Westpac:
First make sure it's your action. Big Grin Then make sure everything is assembled exactly the way you had previously tested the feeding when it last worked. Unless it has a completely different magazine assembly, then the problem could be with the follower. Like maybe it came back with a different one. Talk to the shop who finished the gun to see if someone else ended up with a gun the doesn't feed.

Westpac is right, it's not unheard of to find that parts have been swapped whether by accident or design.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4862 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote