New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chic Worthing?????
 Login/Join

<Jordan>
posted
Is Chic still around? I tried his web site with no luck. I used to go their for a fix looking at nice wood.

Jordan

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep he is still around. Currently he is on the road heading to Trindad CO for two weeks of gunsmithing school.

Posts: 2339 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alvinmack
posted Hide Post
This is his new website that I helped him put together we still have some things left to do. But it's much better than his old site.

http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 448 | Location: Lino Lakes, MN | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Jordan>
posted
Thanks!

Jordan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is break time in the salt mines here. I was heading over to the bookstore to get some carbide cutters.

BTW, you have to like a college bookstore where you can buy a rifled action (Argentine 1909) and carry it across campus without a swat team assaulting you.

I am doing an octagon barrel in 9.3X62 at present. I was hoping to do one, half round/half octagon but I did not buy a blank with enough meat on it to make the transitions look good. It will be a straight tapered octagon. The first week is dedicated to cutting and installing octagon barrels or just installing barrels. The second week is on tricking out Mauser actions.

Weather is a bit warmish here, in the high 90's to 100. Talk later, I have a lathe that is calling my name. It seems to get upset when I leave it alone.

[ 07-15-2003, 18:42: Message edited by: Customstox ]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Chic: when will you be back at your place? I dropped you an email regarding my stock. Bear season is but 45 days away! [Smile] jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jorge,
I was hoping to ship it before I left. I will get it off when I get back. Where is the bear hunt? I think they start here in September but I never seem to able to find them when I am equipped. Last Fall, my son and I went hunting and took a shotgun after grouse and all we saw was bear. The next weekend it was reversed, we had a rifle and all we saw was grouse, no bear.

[ 07-15-2003, 22:41: Message edited by: Customstox ]

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jorge
posted Hide Post
Howdy Chic. Ok, when you get back. 2 weeks or so? I'm going to our place in Maine ( www.Bowlincamps.com) Just drop me an email when the stock is "in the mail: and thanks again. jorge

Posts: 7149 | Location: Orange Park, Florida. USA | Registered: 22 March 2001Reply With Quote