THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Anyone opened up an MRC1999 short action to magnum?

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone opened up an MRC1999 short action to magnum?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of kiwiwildcat
posted
Just found a brand new Montana MRC 1999 action for sale. Its standard bolt face and I would like to convert to magnum (looking at building a 7mm WSM)

How easy to do the required stuff?

Regards,

Michael.

She was only the Fish Mongers daughter. But she lay on the slab and said 'fillet'

Posts: 511 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand. | Registered: 22 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
CZ sold a complete rifle based on the MRC short action in 300 WSM. You could call MRC. They might do the conversion and barrel it for you.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tiggertate:
CZ sold a complete rifle based on the MRC short action in 300 WSM. You could call MRC. They might do the conversion and barrel it for you.

Michael,

I would certainly go the MRC route before even considering the M700 in your other post.

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ordered an MRC SA when they had the initial offering. At the time I wasn't sure what I was going to use it for so I ordered the standard bolt face, they told me they would simply open it up if I decided on a WSM. They also have a different magazine box for the WSM's. Just send it back to MRC and they'll take care of it.

Posts: 1688 | Location: East Coast | Registered: 06 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Now that I see you're from NZ, I would check your import/export laws and see if you can have MRC send only the parts. If they will swap bolts with you and send along a new mag box you should be home free. Plenty of local talent to do the barrel and feed work.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote