Find
Notify
Tools

QD Rings for a Sako AV
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted
I need QD Rings for my LH Sako AV .338 Win. Mag.

Who makes some?

I called Warne, talked to a Woman, didnt know much & I hung up with as much info as I had when I called......None!

I also checked Leupold, Talley, and Warnes websites. Leupold doesnt have any info on what Models they make them for, I'm not interested in Talleys (Too high). But whats got me confused is they all tell of extremely varying heights. Where exactly are they measuring from & too?

Also, Warne looks to be pretty close to the same as the Talleys, does anybody know how they compare in height?

Thanx.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sako themselves now make a QD scope ring. Check out their website. Otherwise the Sako optiloks are kinda of QD except as long as you leave them attached to the scope except that you have to use an allen key to remove.

Regards
JohnT

Posts: 370 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
LEU53064 for gloss and LEU53066 for matte bases,
Leupold QR Sako two piece bases.
vh
T

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Warnes are made in medium, high and extra high - no low. The height is measured from the top of the action flat to the bottom of the hole which the tube sits in. Mediums will take a 6x42 with a butler creek and about 1-2mm space on an AII. If the AV has a magnum profile there might not be space for the butler creek (just guessing here as I haven't tried this on an AV yet).

The high set will be 0.5" ring height.

The above all 1" diameter - no knowledge of 30mm.