Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions of the 700 CDL
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hello All,
I have another post on whether to trade for a new CDL. Has anyone had any experience with one of these or what are your thoughts? I tend to like my other 700's. They've always shot when I get the load right, and I can ususally set the trigger for 2 to 2.5 pounds, where I like it. The rifle seems to be a regular BDL in a Mountain Rifle stock. Are there other differences?

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought the first one I saw, a .270. I've been pissed at Remington for their poor quality and wouldn't buy any of their guns for a while. This one is fitted and finished perfectly. The only negative I could find was a loooong throat, but that doesn't mean it won't shoot. I decided to adjust the trigger, and glass bed it before I shot it, as the weather was horrible and I couldn't shoot. As soon as the weather breaks, I'll give it a go and let you know, but as far as I can see now, it's a pretty decent rifle. It handles like a dream and the balance and pointability are super, I just hope it's a shooter. If not it'll be bye bye Remmy for good. The last Remmy I bought was a LSS Mountain rifle that wouldn't hit the broad side of a barn, no matter what I tried, so this is Remington's last chance with me. I know, I know, I'm sure their worried about me being a customer!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bobby,
Thanks for your input. You seem to have a good one this time around. I'm sorry that you got a bad one. I have 2 or three (can't remember!) LSS rifles. They all shoot very well. One in 270 will shoot half inch groups if I do my part.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
First groups with the new CDL were very encouraging. I've been waiting for the weather to break and have a good day for shooting. No such luck, and to top it off the range was fairly full and my target blew over a couple of times. Needless to say it was not a day conducive to shooting small groups. But, I perservered and was rewarded with one roughly 1/2" group, one 7/8" and one 1 1/2" group. I'm sure the wind had a lot to do with the largest one, and it was hard to try to shoot before the backstop blew over. So, I'm encouraged and can't wait to get the rifle broken in. The barrel seems quite rough when cleaning, but the targets speak for themselves.
More on this at my web page