New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chic Worthing-Gunmaker
 Login/Join

<Bearhunter>
posted
I need some help in locating a phone number, website, or email address for Chic Worthing. He is a gunmaker. Any help is appreciated.

<djpepper>
posted
Mr Worthing goes by "Customstox" on this forum and HuntAmerica.com
Quick search shows his email as worthing@crcwnet.com
Later.

<holtz>
posted
509-663-8148

one of us
posted Hide Post
509-670-7553 is the best way to contact him.

If you are thinking of having him do work, you will not be disappointed.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

It is really great to hear people say positive things about services and products they have received.

There was a positive note about Gracy's Travel, and now about the work of our friend Chic.

Posts: 67505 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Bearhunter>
posted
Thanks to all. And, yes I've seen photos of his talents and do desire to enlist his services for some stockwork. I keep coming back to those photos. Something just catches with his style and attention to detail.

I have noticed that his stocks are a bit dark in color for english walnut. I do very much prefer a darker colored stock, but was wondering if he uses a a stain added finish? Most of the english blanks that I've seen and own, are more naturally light or blonde.

Thanks again,

Bearhunter

one of us
posted Hide Post
Stain? Bite your tounge.

Posts: 2337 | Location: Moses Lake WA | Registered: 17 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bear hunter, I don't use a stain on my stocks. I have done that in the past but it is real pain to finish them the way I like with a stain and if you get a scratch it is difficult to repair without losing the color. Some photos I posted recently of a pair of rifles I am taking to Africa were of very dark walnut.

And the number that Howard gave you 509 670 7553 is the easiest way to reach me.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote