New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pre-64 bottom metal repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Okay, I don't know if this is possible or not, so I will just throw it out there for you guys.

I have a pre 64 model 70 featherweight with the alloy bottom metal. Way back in the day when my grandfather owned the rifle, he loaned it to his nephew and it came back damaged. I don't have a clue how it happened but it has a section of the trigger guard missing right behind the trigger. When I say missing, I really mean missing. It is a section that goes all the way across the trigger bow, leaving about a 3/16 gap all the way across. You cannot pull it back together, it contacts the trigger first, leaving me to believe there really is a piece missing. I have been looking for a replacment for years and can't find one. Is there any way for the alloy to be repaired?

I can post pics when I get home tonight if there is anyone interested in seeing it. Thanks in advance for any input.

Posts: 417 | Location: TX panhandle | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me check when I get home, I may have on you can have.
Steve

"There is a bloody brave little animal called the honey badger in Africa. It may be the meanest animal in the world. It kills for malice and for sport, and it does not go for the jugular-it goes straight for the groin. It has a hell of a lot in common with the modern American woman."
Robert Ruark-The Honey Badger
SGB7x57@Gmail.com
360-918-8283
NRA Life Member
SCI Life Member
WANT TO RETURN TO AFRICA CLUB Life Member

Posts: 187 | Location: Olympia, Wa | Registered: 31 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM Sent

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote