Find
Notify
Tools

A book on Gunsmithing from one of The Best
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'Day Fella's,

I recently became aware that one of Australia's Best Gunsmiths, W (Bill) Hambly-Clark Jnr had written a book titled "Centrefire Rifle Accuracy-Creating And Maintaining It". FYI, Bill is one of the most talented Best Grade Gunsmiths on the planet, so for him to put his enormous amount of knowledge and experience into a book, is something any gunsmith (budding or experienced), could probably benefit from!

The book has 475 pages and hundreds of colour photographs containing the following information, self described as;
"The definitive work, describing, in detail, the creation of an accurate centrefire rifle". "Not only are step by step instructions provided, but the theory behind the mechanics is explained in detail" etc.

The price is $100.00 posted within Australia, so if you live overseas, you probably need to contact Bill to find out the cost of postage, to your neck of the woods! This info can be obtained from Black Duck Publishing at blackduckpublishing@bigpond.com

Also, I have a copy on the way to me at present but I did pay Full Price for it!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

I received my copy of this book thru the week, and I have to say, I'm impressed!

Even if you don't want to get into Gunsmithing but want to get your rifles accurised or re-barreled some time in the future, this book will give you the details and information to ask your Gunsmith, "How are you going to achieve that?"! If you get the wrong answer, find another Gunsmith!!!

If you would like some more details on this book, go to www.NitroExpress.com and the click on "General including General Hunting & Shooting" for more details!

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Ok, Homer - next time we meet - bring one ....

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Bren 7x64, sound good maybe for a coffee etc?

Doh!
Homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Well it looks like the last of the 100 copies of this book, is just about to get sold!
So lets hope Bill gets enough inquiries, to go to another print run???

I hope you purchased your own copy, just in case that was it?

Doh!
Homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I ordered a copy last week and was told by Bill that it was the last copy. Think there is going to be a second printing. I suggested he contact Brownells, MidwayUSA, about selling his book here in the USA.
Nat Lambeth

Posts: 322 | Location: Youngsville, NC | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Bore Fan
posted Hide Post
Is it possible to get this book as a German fan of Gunsmithing books?clap

Martin

Posts: 824 | Location: Munich, Bavaria, thats near Germany | Registered: 23 November 2003Reply With Quote