THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Gunsmithing    Has any one replaced a triger spring in a Weatherby Vangard or Howa 1500 ??

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Has any one replaced a triger spring in a Weatherby Vangard or Howa 1500 ??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
was wondering if any one has replaced the triger spring in a Howa 1500/ Vangard.. I have tunde the triger to get out just about all the creep out and still make the safty work right.. But the spring that is used for the LBS of pull is still kinda hard 3.5-4.0 lbs is the best i can get out of it ... wondering if there is a spring out there to lighten it up...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently you are the only one with a trigger issue. Might try reducing the spring coil i/2 coil at a time. Check to see if any trigger parts may have a burr keeping the adjustments from functioning as they should. I'm probably going to take some high flack over that suggestion. Haven't read any others, though. Any one else with help?

Stephen

Posts: 538 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: 14 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have de-burred the triger housing and have polished all the sear surfaces and made a modifaction to the triger it self that alows for the sear engament to be adjusted more wit out the safty not working and the disengagment of the firing pin ... it is a very smooth pull now with no creap whets so ever that i can tell at least I did do some dry firing today and going to go out and test it at the range ... my bigest concern was the creep, I could feel it move befor it would brake ...