New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 700 ADL or BDL for custom work
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What action is preferred for custom work. Custom barrel, stock, trigger, etc. Im thinking of a 243 Varmit rig.

Posts: 94 | Location: Otisville, MI USA | Registered: 07 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I your going to do all that work buy the cheapest one you can. The actual actions on the bdl and adl are the same. If you want a hinged floor plate the adl can be fitted with one.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Gary Rihn>
posted
fetchmax-

As stated above, the action bodies are identical. It's mainly the floorplate & black forend tip that distinguish the BDL from the ADL. I've built rifles on a "BDL" action, then left the floorplate off to put it in an ADL style stock. I've done the same in reverse (taken an ADL rifle, added the BDL floorplate to it, and swapped stock styles). Whichever you can find (or already have) will work equally well.

<Bruce Gordon>
posted
I bought ADL's because the Wal-Mart price at pre-hunting season sales is unbeatable as long as the have the basic action you are looking for. The other choice is to shop the pawn shops for beaters. As long as you are dumping the barrel and stock, the only thing that matters is if you feel the need of the floorplate assembly. Those things are a bit pricey if you decide later that you need one. Oh yes, the BDL bolt is jeweled rather than blued (or painted).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. Thats what I needed to hear. Walmart is looking better all the time.

Posts: 94 | Location: Otisville, MI USA | Registered: 07 January 2002Reply With Quote