New
Find
Notify
Tools

MRC PH Action for Heavy Barrelled .338 Lapua
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do more knowledgable folks than I have an opinion about how this action will go for a Long Range .338. It has a big bolt and is a big action so it should be stiff.

Will it deliver the goods ??

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Long range hunting (4-500 yards), or long range as in 1000 yard benchrest competition?

Posts: 421 | Location: Broomfield, CO, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mainly for shooting Pigs etc on the open plains of NSW at long Range. My mate and I have been thinking about it for ages and think it would be a lot fun.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course I'm going to sound biased [Wink] but I think it would work very well. It is a very stiff action, and with the way the barrel attaches to the action (like a Mauser) the connection between barrel and action should be stiffer too. Combine that with the right barrel contour and I think you would have a great long distance rifle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

I think you have neally sold me mate. My friend and I have narrowed down either to one of your actions or Saving for a TRG 42 Dues to "the look, and the fact that they do shoot" !!

I will send a private e-mail !!

Take Care PC.

[ 08-09-2003, 04:40: Message edited by: PC ]