New
Find
Notify
Tools

Camo paint question?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm thinking of having a rifle stock painted to match the Weatherby Desert Camo pattern, see link, but don't have a clue who could do it. Anyone you'd recommend?
http://www.weatherby.com/_images/products/rifles/_enlarge/wby_stocks_big.jpg

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might try Robar at www.robarguns.com

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had my Browning 10 gauge painted in a wetland grass pattern, and I lucked up and my local gunsmith's son is an airbrush artist. He painted my whole stock for $80 and didn't charge tax. Instead of thinking gunsmith, I would personally think artist. A gunsmith might be able to fix a broken rifle, but can he paint a pattern on a rifle stock? Just a thought to think about. Also, he covered the paint with 3 coats of flat clear coat so it is practically water-proof.

Posts: 68 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: 06 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Robar has been painting camo patterns on synthetic stocks for allot of years in addition to building fine rifles and pistols.

Go to their web site and take a look at examples of their work and see if its what you are looking for.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Click on this link and go to "Creative Effects System." Bell and Carlson will put camo finish on your gun now. I have NOT had this done, but I am considering it for a synthetic stock.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/

Clemson

NRA Endowment Member
US Army Veteran
CWP Holder
Gunsmith

Posts: 338 | Location: Greenwood, SC | Registered: 06 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
Have some fu n and do it yourself:I do. Really!!! try it. thumb roger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote