New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passing of Don Allen
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I got an email today informing me that Don Allen (Dakota Arms) had passed away on Saturday. He had been suffering from cancer. I thought some of you might like to know. The burial service at Beecher Island, Colorado and there are memorial services in Sturgis N.D.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The firearms fraternity will miss him and that knowing smile dearly and I'm sure everyone sends Norma and the family their sincerest regrets. ~Barry~

Posts: 277 | Location: Yellowknife, NWT, Canada | Registered: 13 October 2002Reply With Quote
<Jordan>
posted
Very sad news. I saw him at the SCI show in Reno this winter. I had no idea he suffered from cancer.

Jordan

One of Us
Picture of Zero Drift
posted Hide Post
My condolences to Norma and the rest of the crew. Dakota Arms is a very close family and all will miss him. Don will be remembered for his vision and innovation.

Posts: 10780 | Location: Test Tube | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Some years ago when I did an article for India Today on custom guns, Dakota Arms were one of the first companies to send me a beautifully detailed press pack which I still have. They were extremely helpful and kept sending ma a lot of literature including reviews of their products by various magazines (including reviews that were slightly critical) - May his soul rest in peace.

I shall send them an e-mail rightaway.

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear the news, my condolances to his family.

Posts: 2045 | Location: West most midwestern town. | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Well,
I'm sorry to hear the news about Don Allen. He was are very good person for the gun industry and did some great things for sure.

My condolances to the folks at Dakota and to the family.

I hope the company will continue to run in the same way as before.

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear this; I didn't realize he was ill either. Don and his company did a lot to renew and stimulate interest in better quality guns in the U.S.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Chic,

Sad news indeed.

Our sincere condolences to his family.

May he rest in peace.

Posts: 68788 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He just took a trip to that undiscoverd country from who's born, no traveler returns. I sure he found his peace with his family and friends who are long gone.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Scrollcutter
posted Hide Post
Chic,

Thanks for the post.

Another icon has passed. Condolences to the Allen family.

Posts: 1634 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just came across this thread, I'm in shock I was in Africa hunting when he passed away. I was hunting with a Dakota too. My condolances to the whole crrew at Dakota and especally Norma.

I'm speechless, Don looked so good last time I saw him at the Bienfield show here in Vegas.

May God rest his soul.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote