Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Mounting Leupold 1-3/4x6 Scope
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted
I need some help with dimensions for mounting a Leupold 1-3/4x6 Vari-X III Scope (the newer long-body version). Can someone please measure one to see what the total length of the 1-inch diameter portion is? I am trying to determine what the maximum ring spacing is from the front edge of the front ring to the rear edge of the rear ring. I want to determine whether it will fit my rifle before I buy one.

Thanks,

Dave

One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got into my pajamas I'll never know. - Groucho Marx

Posts: 3845 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you go to the Leupold web site they have a scope mounting feature that should answer your questions.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Boomer

The tube measures 5.375 in

Dan

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 39 | Location: Cedartown, Ga, CSA | Registered: 13 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dave

If size is running a little on the tight side you could always fit Leupold or Millet extension scope rings, this will give you approximately 5/8" extra movement between the rings. the extra adjustment being afforded by the front ring being set back, just a thought

Posts: 343 | Location: York / U.K | Registered: 14 April 2005Reply With Quote