New
Find
Notify
Tools

9.3X62 rechambered to a 9.3X64? simple?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is this a straight rechamber/reream situation? of course the headspace and all could require setback adjustment. But is there any other problem with the conversion? If there is no other problem, does this mean a 9.3X62 cartridge could be accidentally fit into the larger chamber?

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Jameister

you nned to open the bolt face since the 9,3X64 has larger case diameter. If it's mauser there will also be some other work to do.

Cheers
/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jameister.

I have just made two 9,3X64 rifles out of one ZG-47 Brno and a Sako Finnbear. Both was chambered for 30-06 and I didn�t have to do anything besides open the boltface to 9,3X64 dimentions. Some minor changes of the extractor was also done. Both rifles fed 9,3X64 rounds perfect from the mag.

Stefan

Posts: 635 | Location: Umea/Sweden | Registered: 28 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree. I rechambered a CZ in 9.3x62 to the 64 with only a bolt face mod. Feeds perfect/shoots great and will be with me in Namibia this September

Posts: 371 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote