Find
Notify
Tools

Need Barrel Extension Made.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,
Have a Tika T3 Tactical rifle/carbine which has a threaded muzzle for a brake, but would like to have an aluminum extension tube threaded to fit on the barrel for purposes of extending sight radius using micrometer sights in match type shooting. Barrel is only 20" in length and would like to have at last 6" barrel extension.
OD of barrel can be provided and at the end of the extension tube would need approx. 1" in length to be .750 in diameter to accept front sight barrel band. If someone is willing to do this, can provide thread protector cap to determine actual thread, pitch, etc. It is metric of course, but local folks here are not geared up for this small job. If aluminum is not available, steel would be fine as well, just wanting to hold the overall muzzle weight down as much as possible. Any takers out there??

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are typically called "bloop" or more commonly, boob tubes.

A few come pre-made.

flaco

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Right on flaco, afraid most would not know what I was talking about if I used the term "bloop tube." I use a Warner rear w/ Anshutz globe front and need that bit of distance to extend the sight radius.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fisrt off, your rear, if 40 tpi needs a sight radius of 28.65 inches to yeild correct/true angular increments. That said, the internal diameter of the bloop tube needs to be lager as the length increases because of gas turbulance.

I would reccomend a minimum of .75 ID for the length you are asking for. This will require forgoing the .75 barrel band clamp mount you are using now.

You might want to call Mac Tilton first and ask if he has any item that may fill your need.

HTH
Alan Warner

One of Us
posted Hide Post
How about that, an answer from the man himself.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Al,
Good to hear from you. We shot together a few times at Perry and once at Lodi. Long time ago now, but did send you PM regarding the "bloop tube." Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dsiteman
Mac is MT Guns. Google him or send an email and i'll respond with contact info. Same goes for Master Class Stocks.

wtc@ne.rr.com
Alan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dsiteman,
I think I could handle what you are asking for. I shoot XTC and Palma at Lodi as well, though not as often as I would like. If you are interested shoot me a PM and we can discuss the dimensions. I think I have some thinwall 1" OD aluminum tube on hand.
Greg

Posts: 714 | Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin | Registered: 09 October 2003Reply With Quote