New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gunsmith in Western Washington
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a Remington 700 action and stainless barrel blank. All I need is a gunsmith to fir the barrel. The action was trued for a prior rebarrel. Any suggestions for someone within a reasonable driving distance of Seattle would be sincerely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 161 | Location: Seattle - temporarily! | Registered: 04 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OOPS - I can't type or proofread very well Frowner. I meant I need a gunsmith to fit and chamber the barrel. I seem to be batting 100% today since I also noticed I need to update my profile since I moved three weeks ago. Man, I don't like living in the city but that's where the job is. Ed

Posts: 161 | Location: Seattle - temporarily! | Registered: 04 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Russ Haydon does Remingtons-Gig Harbor 253-857-7557
Rick Frudenberg does Remingtons-Everett
Rich Bajenski does Remingtons-Mukilteo
Steve Kostanich does Remingtons-Chehalis
Mac MaCluskey does Remingtons-Seattle

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of brianbo
posted Hide Post
Jim Cloward is an excellent gunsmith. He's done great work for me in the past. Fast and reasonable. He lives in Machias, near Snohomish. 425-334-3006

Regards,
Brian

Meet "Beauty" - 66 cal., 417 grn patched roundball over 170 grns FFg = ~1950 fps of pure fun!

"Scotch Whisky is made from barley and the morning dew on angel's nipples." - Warren Ellis

NRA Life Member

Posts: 479 | Location: Western Washington State | Registered: 10 March 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Jim Cloward is the armorer for the 2007 United States Palma Team. He is a competitive shooter and international hunter, so knows of what he speaks.

Posts: 5 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 02 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Two big thumbs up for Steve Kostanich.
He smiths first rate benchrest rifles, but will apply his skills to rifles of other applications.

John in Oregon

Posts: 938 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 23 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Us in the chehalis area are real lucky in having 2 of the best gunsmiths around! Steve Kostanich who has already been mentioned and Marvin Pearson who has a shop called precision target sports . He builds most of the silhouette rifles, both small bore and high power used in the northwest, he makes great hunting rifles also. Steve and Marv are both great shooters, love the sport and are the best at what they do! Good luck. Curly-Bud

Posts: 49 | Location: the Evergreen State | Registered: 01 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been doing biz with Randy Ketchum of Lynnwood Guns for 10 or 12 years.

He is not taking any new gunsmithing, but sometimes I can con him into an interesting project or to fix my amateur gunsmithing mistakes.

He says good thing about Beginski.
http://www.6mmbr.com/gunweek073.html
But those do not look like Remington actions.

Hayden has plated some bullets for me.
He is really a nice guy.
http://www.shooters-supply.com/rifle_bedding.html
He is saying the word "Remington" here.

Posts: 9043 | Location: on the rock | Registered: 16 July 2005Reply With Quote