THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUNSMITHING FORUM

Moderators: jeffeosso
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Rem X-Mark Proâ„¢ Trigger adjusting?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone had trouble adjusting the new trigger?

I have one and it started out at 4#. Tried to lighten it per the way the old triggers adjusted and even with the lower allen screw backed out all the way, the weight of pull didn't change.

Are there any tricks that you guys may have figured out.

NRA Life Member
NRA Charter Member Golden Eagles

Posts: 896 | Location: South Bend, Indiana | Registered: 11 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Westpac
posted Hide Post
I have worked on several of the new X-Mark Pro triggers. They are a step up from the venerable 700 trigger in that instead of the separate "floating" connector, the lever is now 1 piece. There are other subtle changes but the one piece lever is a biggie!

Getting back to your problem, usually, if you can reduce the trigger spring tension and the pull does not change, then it is likely a problem with the sears surfaces, or, the angles are a little out of whack. Lightly polished to reduce the surface tension and these triggers are great!

Try this. Make sure the gun is empty. Pull the barreled action and place the gun on safe. Put a dab of Moly grease on the tip of a tooth pick. Pull the trigger and put the tip of the tooth pick through the access hole in the left side plate of the trigger house and smear it on the top of the lever.

Dry fire the gun a few times to work the grease in. See if that doesn't do anything to help. If it doesn't change, then the trigger will have to come down in order to correct. Good luck!

Posts: 3171 | Location: SLC, Utah | Registered: 23 February 2007Reply With Quote