Find
Notify
Tools

Stock blank auction?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
dempsey and ForrestB,
We do have a HUGE gallery of blanks available for sale online. In fact we have a simple shopping cart system where you can by with a crdit card. Or of course you can find a blank you like and just give us a call.
Try this link
www.luxuswalnut.com

Go to "available gunstock blanks" Then select "special collection" "2-Piece" "rifle" or "Mannlicher"
We are running a summer sale. In fact i would like to offer something to AR guys. Give me a day or two to think of something special.
We have some great rifle blanks worthy of any big bore.
jeffeosso, We have a nice pile of VERY VERY HARD rifle blanks that we pulled for stock makers who require rifle blanks suitable for big bores but that will not be expensive and still have figure. We have sold a good many of them but the pile does not get cherry picked, so there are some nice ones in there still. Great grainflow, and some nice contrast and they are hard wood as i said. They cut very nice and could be used as hammers rather than stocks.
$100.00 per blank.
We just sold a couple piles to ACGG members.
Give me a call and i will pick one or more for you. I would like for you to get one and let the guys here on AR hear your comments.
We also have some real nice high grades available. Ask LB404 about some of those.

As for the photos online. We have been taking photos from a full side on perspective for some time but there are a few old photos still online that have the rear angle you mention ForrestB.

Thanks Guys

Posts: 609 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: 25 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
I've bought through themm..

denali's prices may be better on the HIGH end stuff, but I don'thtink chrion/hunter bid can be beat on the 500 and down stuff

jeffe

jeffeosso,
Please check this page:
www.luxuswalnut.com

select "available gunstock blanks" then "Rifle gunstock blanks"
Scroll down and take a look at blanks TE-22 and TR-73. Both are $500 or under.
Without going into detail about origins of wood, TR-73 is the closest thing that will be found that is what is known as "Circassian". That blank came from the very mountain range that those blanks are thought to have grown. It is a great little blank. Very beautiful colors. Lots of tones of reds and golds and various other colors. Good black lines and good hard wood.

TE-22 is not as colorful but the forearm is ideal for a loooong forend mannlicher. Good contrasts but more chocolate colored marble rather than black. Should be darker though when finished with oil.
Feel free to call if you have any questions....anyone that is.
513-576-1919
Ask for me, Adam.

Posts: 609 | Location: Cincinnati | Registered: 25 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of dempsey
posted Hide Post
Adam, I've been browsing your site. I like it and I hope I'm coming across as just trying to add to some constructive comments. I think if you had your gallery setup with a few dozen blanks for several different price levels it would be ideal. It makes online shopping really nice. Not to bring up a competitor to be rude but Dressels really has a nice thing with their web selection. It seems they don't warranty wood against hidden flaws (disclaimer---> this is how I intrepreted their posted warranty) so I'm keeping all my options open.

Posts: 6205 | Location: Cascade, MT | Registered: 12 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dempsey,
Not a problem, another point of view is always a great thing to have offered. Thanks.
Truth is we used to have the site listed like that. Actually it was based on grades rather than price. But of course those two seem to go hand-in-hand.
I think you make a valid point. I will look into it.

Luxus Walnut does stand behind our wood if any defects are encountered. We really do have a different perspective on this gunstock blank business. It seems no one else in this business looks at it the same way. We have a great deal of fun doing this and we do not try to make a fortune off of every blank we sell. We would much rather you come back to us time and time again, and send your friends our way. What we do is treat people the way we like to be treated. AND sell good wood cheaper than anyone else on the globe.

PS. like the signature.